Friday, October 27, 2006

Who said there's no such thing as a free ride?

This week, I attended a community workshop on the proposed new routes for Tempe's Neighborhood FLASH system. The first neighborhood FLASH route was established as a result of the 1996 sales tax vote. Back then, I was very involved with the city, especially in the North Tempe area where I live, to get transit service improved here.

I am very happy to see the new circulator that will be running in the Summer of 2007, which will give our area a good (and free) connection to the Downtown Tempe area. I have filed comments supporting the concept and making some minor route change suggestions.

Also for those of you in Tempe, the annual GAIN "picnics in the parks" is this Saturday afternoon. Come out to your local park and support your neighborhood association.

No comments: