Sunday, October 29, 2006

North Tempe's picnic in the park


On Saturday, Kristi, Shawn, Bear and myself went to the annual picnic in the park that is held by GAIN (Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods) and the North Tempe Neighborhood Association (NTNA).

Our car broke down along the way, we had to tow it home, which is a story in itself.

There were a lot of fun things to do including activities for the kids, wildlife demonstrations, fire/police equipment displays, hot dogs, pie eating contest and a free raffle. We won a beach chair and a Starbucks gift bag. (I guess a modern day Ladmo Bag?)

There was a really impressive turn-out this year and if I am still in North Tempe next year around this time, I look forward to the next one.

I have made a small photo journal of the activites at this link.

No comments: